This tip is a general tip and applies to all tablet users. You can reduce fingerprints and smudges on your tablets by applying a bit of a product that is commonly used on car windscreens called "RainX" or similar products. Since RainX's main purpose is to reduce rain blocking your view in the windscreen and also in the side mirrors of your car, it is also used to reduce smudges and some similar products of RainX claim to repel insects too.
Now there's another use for it - to reduce fingerprints and smudges on your tablet device. I've found these directions from another site here, read more to find out how to apply RainX on your tablet.
- Clean your screen using a GOOD microfiber cloth and a little bit of water.
- Repeat step one at least once! You really really want to have your screen as clean and "out-of-the-box" perfect as you possibly can get it. Check it at multiple angles and light to make sure you have no haze, no smudges, no spots.
- Apply Rain-X to wet the corner of a clean cotton rag
- Using a gentle swirling motion, apply the rain-x to the screen. It will bead up at first, but continue to swirl it on for about 20-30 seconds until it starts drying to a uniform hazy coating
- Wet your microfiber cloth again, getting it damp but not dripping and buff off most of the hazy coat
- When you have most of the haze removed, switch to the dry end of the microfiber and buff off the rest.
- Go back to the bright lights and multiple viewing angles to check for missed areas.
Good luck and share your results!