In a rather surprising move, Gameloft has released one of their top racing games called "GT Racing Motor Academy" to the Android Market for FREE! So what's the catch you ask? Well, this free version has in-app / game purchases unlike the paid version which is most likely something that Gameloft is probably trying to test out and see if their low-earning games can earn money through in-app purchases instead. This is pretty much what Glu Mobile is doing with their Gun Bros game. Here are the features of the game:
- 26 manufacturers and 111 licensed cars to buy, drive and upgrade including the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, top of the line Ferrari models and even the Ford Model T.
- A new and elaborate physics engine particular to each car for the most realistic driving simulation on Android devices. Master your racing skills and tune your car just right to maximize performance.
- A wide variety of tracks, from the official Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to urban tracks, speed rings and rally tracks.
- A huge and fascinating Career mode: Pass license tests and enter to win increasingly prestigious racing events.
- Play against drivers from all over the world with local and online multiplayer for up to 6 players. Reach the top of the GT Racing: Motor Academy leaderboards.
So if you're a fan of racing games, head on over to the link below to give GT Racing Motor Academy a whirl. Do check out the list of supported devices first before you get too excited. Both my Nexus One and EEE Pad Transformer were not supported unfortunately.
- GT Racing Motor Academy - Android Market