Qualcomm has just announced their new Snapdragon S4 System On Chip or SOC for short and it has some really neat features. It is the very first mobile introduction of the 28nm process technology, features a multi-core CPU performance between 1.5 to 2.5 ghz, superior graphics performance, power efficiency and more! The full list of features are shown below:
- First on 28nm process technology: Snapdragon S4 processors are the fi rst mobile processors to be manufactured using the latest 28nm process technology that provides inherent advantages in frequency scaling, power consumption and size reduction.
- First Fully Integrated 3G/4G: The S4 class includes the industry’s fi rst fully integrated LTE world mode/multimode modem.
- Uses ARM® instruction set, software and eco-system: Snapdragon S4 processors are the fi rst processors in the industry to be designed specifically for advanced process technology and uses the ARM instruction set architecture (ISA).
- Snapdragon S4 processors are complete solutions that provide a superior balance of performance and power efficiency delivering:
- Superior CPU performance: Multicore CPUs with a frequency range of 1.5Ghz to 2.5Ghz per core and supporting asynchronous symmetric multiprocessing (aSMP) for the optimal balance of performance and power efficiency.
- Superior modem performance: The industry’s fi rst fully integrated LTE world/multimode modem with support for the widest range of frequencies and bands—including full multimode support for existing standards such as EV-DO and HSPA.
- Superior graphics performance: High performance programmable Adreno GPUs for the highest quality video and console quality gaming.
- Superior power efficiency: Tight integration of best in class components and use of highly effi cient, low power engines such as Qualcomm’s fully programmable Hexagon DSPs result in a highly power efficient system. Connectivity options also include integrated GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, and FM.
With the next generation of Snapdragon S4 processors, consumers will experience the rich benefi ts of high-speed internet fully integrated into their mobile devices. The Snapdragon S4 processors combine outstanding performance and battery life with innovative technologies for the new mobile age.
No word on a release date yet so I guess we still have to sit tight and wait for the S4 to come to our Android devices.
Check out the source for the full whitepaper download to learn more about Qualcomm's new S4 SOC: