ASUS has just released a new update for the EEE Pad Transformer for the US, TW and TB SKU regions (Worldwide / WW SKU should be out soon). Some have mentioned this update fixes the major battery drain on the device and also has the following changelog:
- Build Number: 220.127.116.11-20111028
- Wifi updated 5.2.65
- Improved wifi connectivity.
- Fixed 18.104.22.168 mobile dock abnormal battery consumption issue.
- App Backup feature added.
- Netflix support. (US only)
- Google Books updated. (US only)
- Google Maps updated.
- Google Market updated with tablet friendly UI.
- Asus Sync option added to turn on/off Asus Sync, and fixed noticiation issues
- Email Client now supports .zip files.
- MyNet improved device search functionality.
- Improved browser compatibility.
- My Cloud bugs fixed.
- Italian input method added.
- Supernote bug fix and improvement.
- Polaris Office now supports large file loading, and improved compatibility.
You will notice there's a new netflix app out of the box for US peeps only and a new app backup application which allows you to backup your data to allow you to transfer from one transformer to another. We're assuming this app will be used to transfer your data from the EEE Pad Transformer to the new Transformer Prime tablet that is expected to launch soon. Good stuff from ASUS and they have proven so far to be one of the manufacturers to release updates on a very regular basis which is excellent news for consumers.
You should be getting the OTA by now if your device is of US,TW and TB SKU's, if not, keep checking back - in your settings > about tablet > check updates.
Thanks Jim for the heads up!
Update: The WW sku update is now live! I'm receiving it as I write this out! You can go ahead and check your updates to grab it!