Western Digital Technologies has just released an app that allows you to control your WD TV Live & WD TV Live Hub streaming Media Player with your smartphone or tablet! Turn your smartphone into a touch-screen remote for your WD TV® Live Hub™ media center or WD TV Live™ streaming media player.
Control your WD TV experience with the tap of a soft key or the swipe of a finger using the WD Remote™ app. Simply launch the app on your Android™ mobile device and instantly take control of any WD TV Live Hub media center or WD TV Live streaming media player that is connected on the same network.
- Control your WD TV from anywhere in your house using your wireless network
- Get one-touch access to launch any online service available on your WD TV
- Enter text using your Android smartphone or tablet keyboard
- Use the gesture pad for quick and easy navigation
- Connect multiple Android mobile devices with the WD Remote app and conveniently play multiplayer games
- Minimum Requirements:
- Android device running mobile operating system version 2.1 or higher
- WD TV Live Hub media center or WD TV Live streaming media player (Gen 3, released October 2011)
- Wireless access to your WD TV media player on your network (Your media player may be connected to your network via Ethernet port or wirelessly)
The app is completely FREE so if you own a WD TV Live or Live Hub, you can grab this FREE app now:
WD TV Remote (FREE) - Android Market