ASUS has just officially announced two new tablets hot off CES 2012 - first off is the EEE Pad Transformer Prime TF700T which is a higher resolution version of the original Transformer Prime - with a 1920x1200 display while maintaining the same SuperIPS+ found on the original Prime. Also a higher spec front facing camera comes with the TF700T - a 2 MP also with a slightly redesigned back cover for better Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS reception. The rest are pretty much the same and it is of course compatible with the existing Transformer Prime dock.
The expected price of the TF700T is roughly around $599 - $699 USD and is expected to hit the US around the 2nd Quarter of 2012.
Next up we have the ASUS EEE Pad MeMo that we've shown or discussed about previously. The EEE Pad MeMo is a smaller 7-inch tablet is its main focus is on media & entertainment unlike its bigger sibling(s). Here are the full specs:
- 7.0” WXGA, 1280 x 800 resolution, IPS panel with capacitive touch
- Qualcomm 8260 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB/32GB storage; ASUS Webstorage options
- Wifi 802.11b/g/n , Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, aGPS
- Camera- 1.2MP Video Camera (front )/5MP Auto-Focus Camera (rear) (1080P recording)
- G-sensor; e-compass; Light sensor; Gyroscope, Proximity sensor
- Micro USB port (client) ; Audio Jack (Head Phone / Stereo Mic-in); Card Reader(Micro-SD); micro HDMI (1.3a); SIM Card slot; Stereo Speakers
- Li-polymer 4400mAh battery (Battery Life: 8.5hrs video playback routine)
- Android 4.01
- Dimensions / Weight- 7.8 x 4.6 x 0.50”; 14.2oz
Source: Android Central