Another hit iOS game has just hit Android - Osmos might not look much but it has an elegant physics gameplay, dreamlike visuals and an ambient electronic soundtrack.
The long-awaited hit game comes to Android! (To celebrate, the full version is launching at the sweet sale price of $2.99!)
Absorb or be absorbed! Enter the Darwinian world of a galactic mote. To survive, absorb smaller organisms and grow—but beware of larger predators! Winner of multiple "Game of the Year" awards, Osmos features unique physics-based play, stellar graphics, and a hypnotic soundtrack of ambient electronica. Ready to evolve?
- Two game modes: Odyssey and Arcade. (Note that the demo only contains the first eight levels of the Odyssey.) Odyssey mode is a 27-level guided tour through the Osmos Blobiverse, while Arcade mode allows you to play any level type at your choice of difficulty. (72 levels total in full game.)
- Multitouch awesomeness: pinch to zoom, tap to eject mass, flick to warp time...
- Unique physics-based gameplay: to propel yourself you must eject matter behind you, causing you to shrink. From this fundamental balance, Osmos leads the player through ambient playgrounds, deep solar systems, competitive petri dishes, dense mote-fields, and more.
- Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
- Eight Distinct level types (only a small sampling of five of them appear in the demo): Ambient, Antimatter, Solar, Sentient, Impasse, Warped Chaos, Epicycles, and Repulsor.
- Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more. (Not all music appears in demo.)
- Wind your way through simple and complex solar systems, feeling and using the force of Attractors and Repulsors. (Repulsors don't appear in demo.)
- Confront four distinct personalities of intelligent opponents, with goals and abilities similar to your own. (Only the easiest of the AI opponents - the Ovaium - appears in the demo.)
- Procedural content: play random versions of any level in Arcade mode. (Full version only.)
- Thirteen lucky achievements to earn. (Full version only.)
There's also a demo version of the game to try so you can give it a whirl first before putting your hard earn cash on this game:
Osmos Demo (FREE) - Android Market